Welcome to the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) online application system.
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicant wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.
Apply to UKZN using the online application
Things to note before applying online to UKZN:
- You’ll need an email address to complete the application. Don’t have one? Get an email address first.
- South African applicants will need an ID number. Foreign applicants will need their passport number.
- Need accommodation? You will be able to indicate this on the application form.
- The UKZN application process makes use of the Central Applications Office (CAO). You will need to submit your application through this portal.
- Make sure your documents are ready to upload before starting the application process.
- Please note that if you are an international student, you will need to apply directly to the university. Also, only international students from SADC countries will be permitted to apply for medicine.
Note: Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible in the application cycle. Applications close at the end of June for all medical programmes and at the end of September for all other programmes.
If you’re applying for second-semester studies, applications close at the end of April. Late applications may be accepted if entrance requirements are met and there is still space available.