Facebook allows your business to connect with users directly in an engaging and genuine way. How to use Facebook to market your business in South Africa? It’s now simple and streamlined.
By creating a hub for your business on Facebook you make your business:
- Discoverable. People who search for you using Facebook will be able to find you.
- Communicates with your audience. You will now have the opportunity to have one-on-one communication with your customers or potential customers. People can ‘like’ your Page, read your posts and share them with their network and check in when they visit your actual store.
- Maintain constant connection. Your page can help you to connect with large groups of people all around the world on a daily basis using messages that are tailored to your customers’ needs and interests.
- Remain statistically relevant. Analytics attached to your page will help you have a comprehensive understanding of your customers and your marketing activities.
How do South African’s use Facebook?
According to the SA Social Media Landscape 2015 report, Facebook is still the most popular social network in South Africa with 11.8 million users. This popular social media platform has managed to gain an equal uptake of both males and females within South Africa. This allows you to reach more potential customers of both genders with your social media campaign.
When designing your page take into account that 22% of the people using Facebook are accessing it from their mobile phones. Take into account all the mobile applications your business can provide through Facebook, in order to tap into this customer base. A key advantage of having a Facebook Page for your business is that customers searching on their mobile devices will find your business easier.
How to market your business using Facebook
You can reach more people through Facebook, but specifically you can reach those people who are most likely to become your customers. To help you connect with the right people you should consider:
- What do your potential customers have in common?
- What is the average age of your customer base and where are they situated?
- How can your business better their lives?
- Would different customer groups be interested in targeted messages, products or services? Maybe they would prefer a sale or a strategically timed offer?
Free marketing through Facebook
To build your audience and increase your potential customer base, encourage your current customers and supporters to ‘like’ your Facebook Page. By doing this they will be able to see your posts in their News Feed. By encouraging them to share your page or invite your friends to like the page you can easily build your audience.
Active ways to increase your customer base
- Invite your friends: By asking users within your network to support your page, you can increase the numbers on your page as well as it helps you to grow your audience. The initial audience will assist you in establishing your credibility and spread the word about your page.
- Share your page on your own Facebook profile and remember to like your own page. Show your followers that you have confidence in your business and are proud to be its spokesperson.
- Invite your business associates: Create a list of people to inform about your new page. This increases your following and shows your business’s connections as to how your business is doing.
- Connect your other social media profiles together. Share your Facebook Page link on your twitter and vice versa. By adding the details on your website, any of your marketing information and on your business emails, could increase your audience.
- Using keywords within your profile and posts will help you to attract people who are searching for related or similar content. This will help your page to rank higher in search engines results.
- Reward your Facebook followers. Offer competitions or provide exclusive content. There are many users who use Facebook with the express purpose of finding special offers that aren’t available anywhere else.
- Increase your brand awareness by using your company name and logo on your Facebook Page. You can also showcase your brands personality, which people will see when they read through your Timeline. Look up how other businesses are using their Timelines creatively.
Keep in mind: It’s more important to genuinely connect and engage with your customers than have more Likes but no engagement. Your engaged, connected customers will help you to spread your story and increase your reach.
Compelling content can increase your audience
Be sure to create compelling content. Your updates, photos and posts should all be based on what your customers will find interesting and inspiring. Experiment with different types of posts to see what your audience loves the most. By using Facebook Page Insights you can determine exactly what your audience prefers.
- Authenticity. Share what you find genuinely exciting and your customers will be excited about it as well.
- Responsiveness. When your audience comments on your posts, engage with them and show that your business is listening to what they have to say and that you do care about their points of view.
- Consistency. By posting regularly you will have a better chance of connecting with your audience and building their trust. This also shows that you are dedicated to your business and are putting in a consistent amount of effort. Setting a schedule for your posts can help you maximise your teams time.
- Stick with success. Replicate the posts that are successful and get more engagement. This will help your posts to be shared and liked and commented on. The more your audience is engaged with your page the better your business will do.
- Convert successful posts into promotions. When you notice that a specific post is receiving a lot of attention and engagement, promote it to reach a larger audience. By doing this, when a person likes, comments or shares your posts, their network will be able to see those posts in their News Feed.
Keep in mind: In order for your page to be successful you need to make it interesting and valuable for your customers. Creating targeted strategic messages you include the right people in your community.